Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Global Warming Report 01/09/07

It has been an extremely warm winter here in the northeast. The strange weather is affecting local animal and plant life. Birds are confused, and some of the shallow planted bulbs are prematurely sprouting in the garden. Plus, I've noticed some disturbing trends in my own behavior.

This warm weather is causing me to crave and consume chilled white wines, usually reserved for the warm weather months. Also, I usually pay attention to College Basketball only during the month of March, but I'm finding myself tuning in to ESPN in search of some madness here in early January (which, by the way, I found last night during Villanova's close victory over Georgetown).

There are also some disturbing warm weather fashion trends that are re-emerging. Emboldened women are wearing those awful bermuda shorts with galoshes again. Horrors. I know this look was introduced on runway models during spring fashion previews last year, but when regular gals sport it, it evokes the outfit my dad would wear whenever our basement flooded.

How bad does this environmental crisis have to get before we all take notice?

No comments: